Education, Governments and Money
An Italian perspective
ITALY AND THE GREAT AGE OF REFORMS FOR EDUCATION
THE PRESENT SITUATION
THE MIRROR OF A NATION THAT IS STRUGGLING
...... Now Protests among students and Teachers
..............................Problems for those who are unemployed and are not studying or do not have education on line or access to training classes and self-development
............................ Lots of young people with good education who are leaving the country and look for a job outside Italy
Italy is now undergoing great changes, the recession in the last six years has left more people without a job, more young people without a good qualification and no chance to find a job . Thus schools and education are in need of a reform while more Prime Ministers have talked about the importance of a good school system for the future of the country they have never found funds to help the system work .
( See the webisite https://labuonascuola.gov.it/
This site has been opened to Teachers, students, families to give their opinion about the new Reform of Ecation that the present Government has presented )
Meanwhile Europe is looking for a fast change
Education in EUROPE- What Europe chooses
Italy and other European countries now must follow these guidelines:
education is central for nations, for citizens and for children who will become future citizens in the world.
Websites of the most important newspapers and specialized magazines (1) are now dealing with the demand for education.
What is happening everywhere now ? There is a globalized change into ........................a different system or form of Education.(2)
More and more teachers are becoming aware of the importance of 21st Century skills:
and students are the great players
Looking to Montessori to guide Education Reform
The power of student-driven Learning
More MOOCs for students, adult learners and for self-development
( WEEK 5)
We are involved in a process of great changes but Education is still important.
However,money is what is missing to create a better system and states must cope with this problem. The old school has died, but we do need to have
- better Teachers
- teachers who are working on self-development
- teachers who teach different skills for a better learner
- teachers who share activities and work in team
- teachers who can develop activities by using Technologies and people can work from home and at school(MOOCS, Blended Learning,Flipped classroom.....)
- teachers who assess students in a different way
- students are important in the process and we should have less teacher-centred activities and more projects, cooperative work.....
- a different Learning environment is being created, this is more based on the use of technology but teachers will not be replaced , they will work in a different way
- since education costs a lot of money schools should be open to helpers, supporters and be part of a community to take advantage of external resources
- more people will be involved in education and
EDUCATION WILL BE FOREVER
by Tiziana Angiolini self-reflection about COURSERA COURSE " What's the future of Education '"
1st November 2014