Translate

venerdì 24 agosto 2018

Professional Development : PLN and Twitter

The third step of the course is  about Twitter  and education.
You can find the link to the step here PLN and Twitter.
I had previously  described the importance of this social media. I would have never developed if I had not started following  Twitter.

Using Twitter is very simple: once you start following important educators and websites you will start to like posts, retweet posts and  post your tweets.

                                 Image  Credit : Edublogs 


Now I follow more than 900 people online and what I like is their way of  sharing ideas, presenting their works and also I like following some discussions online.

There are famous hashtags and also less famous ones, in general  I like  educational hashtags and also hashtags which are run by educators working in some Moocs. I love taking part in them.

Twitter can be a source of ideas as I can learn in a short time what  educators  and people are sharing.

Here are some  posts which I found today online :

  Sharing about documents in a conference  and finding free materials


Learning about a free ebook about one new webtools




Sharing about  events online and conferences 


Sharing  simple messages about the need of peace in the world



  I have used some hashtags when I did some Moocs and when I have time I also follow some  interesting hashtags.



The more I work online and follow Twitter and the more I meet new educators : in July I followed an online event and met  Tara Martin :  @TaraMartinEDU.


The experience of being a connected educator is now part of my mindset and I will continue learning.

1 commento: