Translate

venerdì 13 aprile 2018

Blendspace My lessons about the Victorian Age

For my fourth year  class in a  Liceo Artistico  I had to design some lessons and tasks about the Victorian Age. Since we have just  11-12 lessons in class  till the end of the school year I decided to create some virtual lesson containers online where my students could work on their own and  learn about the age of Queen Victoria and one of the most important  writers of the time- C.Dickens.

I have often used Google Slides to present my content, this time I chose   Blendspace.
The Platform has enabled me to design a lesson plan with lots of  direct links to videos and materials online that deal with the topic I am going to do in class. I will guide them to read and watch  some documents dealing with the time we are studying and  I would like them to reflect on the many  contrasts of the time in which  Dickens  lived. Most of the tasks will be done from home, I need to rely on the students' working at home as we  have poor internet  connection and now at school we have no whiteboards with  internet connections.





The next step will be to help them speak about the topic and find links among the many events that took place in the long time in which the Queen ruled. It is also possible to add quizzes in the online platform. I will think about  some guided compositions or  quizzes to help the students  study and present what they have learnt.


I  think that  Blendplace is a  nice and versatile tool. If you want to add more documents you might  need to pay for some but when  teachers have access to documents that are shared and  are free , we can easily build a good lesson  for learners.

The gallery offers some nice lessons for   many   school subjects. It is worth trying  them.

Useful links

https://www.tes.com/lessons

https://www.tes.com/lessons/gallery

http://testeach-blog.tes.com/

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento