Translate

domenica 2 settembre 2018

Using Blogs as a part of your PLN

Why writing blogs and what I like about blogging and some bloggers

The fifth step of the course about PLN is about Blogging and PLN. You can check the main  ideas and links shared online  here : https://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/pln-blogs/.

Ever since I started learning online I have been writing some posts and when I started using  Twitter I really liked sharing posts written by some bloggers and  also loved learning about some new  bloggers.

I usually follow different types of blogs: some are only the reflections of an educator while  Others provide tips about how to use some tools and on the best  ways to work in class.

Some educators also post podcasts and guides and I really love these types of posts as they are always about new technologies and  projects.

I usually receive updates via email from some bloggers like Vicki Devis or  Shelly Sanchez.

I have never used my blogs for sharing my portfolio: I am going to create a website where I will  describe my activities online and will provide the links to the main tasks I have done so far. I like the idea of having  blogs for students and some educators have shared good activities. I am going to continue writing but some students do not collaborate and this is the reason why I have not used blogging with students much.

I check some bloggers on YouTube too and I love podcasts. If I had more time I would read more online. I have bookmarked some articles  published online which I really want to check later ;t in general I love following educators like Eric Curts because they are expert in education technologies and run webinars which I like to attend virtually online.

When I have time I like posting my replies and if someone writes in my blogs I usually reply.

I would suggest anyone who doesn't  write blogs to start writing about an event or a conference he/she may have liked and later to present some ideas  about some topics they  are familiar with.
When you start blogging you need to learn about how to work but later you become familiar with the use of images and also the tools online and  you can manage in a short time.

I have bookmarked the best websites and  blogs I am following now: they are about technology, mindfullness, ELT, resources and lesson planning for educators and materials online for students.
When I have time I also search new websites for my students.  I really love podcasts and I would like to find more online.

  In the last years more Italian educators have been involved in blogging and thanks to them I have become more connected and engaged in continuing learning.

                                                 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

1 commento: